OUR COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
Protecting the privacy and confidentiality of personal and business information is an important aspect of the way the Company conducts its business. Collecting, using, and disclosing personal and business information in an appropriate, responsible, and ethical manner is fundamental to the Company daily operations.
The Company strives to protect and respect personal and business information of its customers, employees and business partners in accordance with all applicable municipal, provincial and federal laws. Each Employee of the Company must abide by this organizations procedures and practices when handling personal and business information.
Personal information is defined as any identifying information about an individual or group of individuals, including name, date of birth, address, phone number, e-mail address, social insurance / security number, drivers license, occupation, nationality, language preference, gender, health history, employment file, financial data, credit card numbers, bank account numbers, assets, debts, liabilities, payment records, credit records, loan records, opinions, personal views, information about equipment usage and habits, information about existing equipment, equipment ownership history, equipment service history, insurance provider and/or agent. Provision of your Social Insurance Number is optional. However, most Credit Reporting Agencies use the Social Insurance Number as a unique identifier to ensure proper identification when conducting credit reviews and preparing credit reports. If you do not wish to provide your Social Insurance Number, the Companys ability to obtain a timely and accurate credit report may be affected.
Business information is defined as business name, business address, business telephone number, owner(s), executive officer(s), director(s), job titles, business registration numbers, financial status and machine and production data. Business information is treated and handled with the same level of confidentiality, privacy, and respect as personal information.
Consent occurs and is obtained when an individual signs an application or other form containing personal and business information, thereby authorizing the Company to collect, use, and disclose the individuals personal and business information for the purposes stated on the form or in the Appropriate Use section of this policy.
Implied consent is granted by the individual when he / she signs the application or form. This allows the Company to obtain or verify information from third parties (such as banks, credit bureaus, lenders, or insurance companies) in the process of assessing the eligibility of an individual, customer, client, job applicant, or business partner.
The Company collects and uses personal and business information solely for the purpose of conducting business and developing an understanding of its customers. The Company hereby asserts that personal information will only be used for the following purposes:
- To provide products and services.
- To obtain financing on your behalf.
- To remind you about equipment that requires maintenance.
- To provide you with updates and information regarding products and services we have to offer.
- To provide other related information.
- For internal business purposes, such as analyzing and managing our business.
- To manage human resources files, policies and procedures.
- The Company assumes full accountability for the personal and business information within its possession and control. This organization has appointed a General Manager as custodian of all privacy matters and legal compliance with privacy laws.
- The Company obtains personal and business information directly from the individual to which the information belongs. Individuals are entitled to know how the Company uses personal and business information and this organization will limit the use of any personal and business information collected only to what is needed for those stated purposes. The Company will obtain individual consent if personal and business information is to be used for any other purpose. The Company will not use that information without the consent of the individual.
- Human resources files and documents are stored using cloud HR programs. All information collected is stored using a HR system. Personal information will not be shared with any third party, will not be sold, rented or exchanged without the Employees permission.
- The Company will retain personal and business information only for the duration it is needed for conducting business. Once personal and business information is no longer required, it will be destroyed in a safe and secure manner. However, certain laws may require that certain personal information be kept for a specified amount of time. Where this is the case, the law will supersede this policy.
- The Company vows to protect personal and business information with the appropriate security measures, physical safeguards, and electronic precautions. The Company maintains personal and business information through a combination of paper and electronic files. Where required by law or disaster recovery / business continuity policies, older records may be stored in a secure, offsite location.
- Access to personal information will be authorized only for the Employees and other agents of the Company who require the information to perform their job duties, and to those otherwise authorized by law.
- The Company’s computer and network systems are secured by complex passwords. Only authorized individuals may access secure systems and databases.
- Active files are kept in locked filing cabinets as well as online with the cloud HR software.
- Routers and servers connected to the Internet are protected by a firewall, and are further protected by virus attacks or snooping by sufficient software solutions.
- Personal and business information is not transferred to volunteers, summer students, interns, or other non-paid staff by e-mail or any other electronic format.
- Personally identifiable information about the individual that is collected from the Web site or through affiliate sites.
- Information about the organization collecting the data.
- How the data will be used.
- With whom the data may or may not be disclosed.
- What options are available to the individual regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information.
- The information technology security procedures in place that protect against the destruction, loss, theft, alteration, or misuse of personal and business information under the Companys possession and control.
- How the individual may access and correct any inaccuracies in their personal information.
- The Company does not collect personally identifiable information from any individual known to be under the age of 13.
- The Company may share compiled demographic information with its business partners and/or advertisers, but no personal and business information that can identify any individual person shall be disclosed.
- This Web site may contain links to other sites, but the Company is not responsible for the privacy practices of other organizations sites.
- While IP addresses will be logged in order to administer the site, track visitor movement, and gather demographic information, these IP addresses will not be linked to any personally identifiable information.
- Site visitors are given the choice to opt out of having their personal and business information used at the point where the information is gathered.
- In most instances, the Company will grant individuals access to their personal and business information upon presentation of a written request and satisfactory identification. If an individual finds errors of fact with his / her personal and business information, please notify the Company as soon as possible to make the appropriate corrections. Should the Company deny an individuals request for access to his / her personal and business information, the Company will advise in writing of the reason for such a refusal. The individual may then challenge the decision.
- The Company may use personal and business information without the individuals consent under particular circumstances. These situations include, but are not limited to:
- The Company is under obligation by law to disclose personal and business information in order to adhere to the requirements of an investigation of the contravention of a regional or federal, under the purview of the appropriate authorities.
- An emergency exists that threatens an individuals life, health, or personal security.
- The personal and business information is for in-house statistical study or research.
- The personal and business information is already publicly available.
- Disclosure is required to investigate a breach of contract.
The Company will investigate and respond to concerns about any aspect of the handling of personal and business information. This organization will address concerns to the best of its abilities.